Do I Need To Maintain My Air Ducts?
There is a subtle area of home-owning that is often overlooked, and that is air duct cleaning. Most people forget that the air circulates through ducts that are run throughout the house. Your home is cooled and heated using these pathways, so it stands to reason that they will need to be cleaned. Here are some things about air ducts that you will need to know to keep them functioning for years to come.
The Importance of Keeping the Ducts Clean
There are a lot of different reasons why it is essential to keep your air ducts clean. But the biggest reason boils down to air quality. The dirtier your ducts become, the quality of air goes down. And people that suffer from allergies or health issues will soon begin to feel the effects of the bad air because it does affect their health.
Dust and allergens can become trapped inside the ducts. And as a result, it can cause leaks and other holes to appear. This can prevent quality airflow, leading to other issues such as extreme temperature variations and higher humidity levels.
Age of the Ducts Matter
Having your air ducts cleaned every year can keep a lot of things from taking place. Some of the issues that have been known to arise include:
- Infestation of rats and other critters. They can leave behind biological waste, which can affect your health.
- Humidity can build up, leading to mold issues and the stale air smell that so many people deal with.
- The ducts can become coated with dirt and debris. This problem can become costly over time as it erodes the ductwork and can lead to holes and other issues.
- In some extreme cases, a clog can develop, stopping the air from reaching its final destination. This issue can also shorten the life of a furnace or air conditioning unit.
Maintaining Your Ducts
Ultimately, it is up to you to keep the airways clean in your home. Some of the things that you can do include:
- Having the system checked by a professional every year.
- You should have them cleaned, deodorized, and sanitized every year.
- Keep the filters changed on all your air cycle units.
- Keep objects away from entry points so the air can flow without obstruction.
If you are looking to have your ducts and HVAC cleaned, call Guaranteed Heating & Cooling today. Our technicians will come to your home and give a full inspection, and you will be given a detailed plan of how the service will take place. You will have all your questions answered. Efficiency is what we strive for.